This very nice A330 plane is where I spent just under 20 hours…
Flying can be complicated. Flying can be stressful. But, for the seasoned traveler, you understand where the best places to fly into are, where the food is, and where all the Delta Sky Lounges are…
Sometimes though, to keep your elite status, you have to fly a “Status Flight” so you can just get the miles so you can reap the rewards the next year.
I’ve met with many ‘up-in-the-air’ type of people who have had amazing stories to tell around their “Status Flight.”
This year, mine was Hawaii. I’m 8000-9000 miles short of the required 135,000 in-the-seat miles to keep my coveted Diamond Medallion status (Plus Delta Reserve Amex+) 🙂
Business class pod-style seating was just the ticket. I get a cool little toiletry pouch with everything you need:
- Tooth brush & tooth paste
- Eye covering (forget what it’s called… so it allows you to sleep)
- Lip balm
- Pen (for Hawaii’s agricultural survey)
- SOCKS! I love the tube socks they give, so I can take of my shoes 🙂
- Too bad you can’t keep the nice headphones…
The flight wasn’t bad at all. Leaving around 10:50AM on Monday, and arriving on … MONDAY at 4PM.
TIME TO GO PRO
Yes. I spent a total of 50 minutes on the ground in Hawaii. This is truly pro. As it allowed me to take a picture of the … mountains:
The 50 minutes gave me just enough time to grab some COFFEE!:
After brushing my teeth for the 3rd time already, washing my face, and changing into a new shirt, I got back through security to board the EXACT same plane I just arrived on… I called the CEO, and let her know I’m heading back!
I arrived at 7AM on Tuesday on a red-eye.
Even though I’m drained, I felt SUPER accomplished! Here’s the deets:
- Spend $2000 for a flight (to get the miles because my upgrade tickets Delta gives me are shit…)
- Get easily over $20K in status updates next year – WORTH IT
- Leave on MONDAY MORNING
- Get back on TUESDAY MORNING
That’s pro my friends. 🙂