So a ScrumMaster Manifesto has come out. The details of it are below:
“WE BELIEVE THE SCRUMMASTER IS A FULL-TIME POSITION FOR ONE PERSON ON ONE SCRUM TEAM”
- Redefining career paths and goals to be more scrum focussed
- Missing Product Backlog items
- Team issues aren’t being discussed because they are too uncomfortable
- Appropriate balance between end-to-end system test and unit tests
- Playing back the team’s progress against the proposed release plan
- All tests roll up into the continuous integration results
- Team members realize the benefits of refactoring
- Code is regularly peer reviewed
- Pair programming is being utilized
- Definition of done is being expanded
Seems pretty solid… what I find interesting are the following about this ‘manifesto.’
- No ability to comment on the site
- Doesn’t seem open to the community for edits. How can we continuously improve it?
- How often does it get updated?
Seems like a good place to start for ScrumMasters.
[VIA: ScrumMaster Manifesto]