Gems of War is probably THE best game for someone who enjoys strategy and RPG games in a “gem-type” format. For someone new to this type of game, it would probably be overkill for sure, but for me, someone who is new to this archetype of game, it was absolutely perfect.
The music is engaging, the progression through the game is solid, and the voice over acting is wonderful.
I enjoyed every moment of this game. For me, that’s a BIG deal! This game is pure #win for a gem-based game.
Hardcoregamer.com said: “The Match-3 genre is one of the stalwarts of the casual game space, but all that means is that there are plenty of bad products trying to grab the attention of unwary gamers. With its depth of gameplay systems and huge amount of single and multiplayer content, Gems of War is one of the best across all platforms and one of the few high-quality casual games on current gen consoles. It isn’t the most beautiful or artistically consistent game in the world, with an art style that could be charitably described as generic high-fantasy. On the other hand, it is a free-to-play game that rarely reminds the player that they could or should be paying real money.”
Gamezebo.com said: “There are lots of stages to unlock in Gems of War, tons of great artwork to admire, and an engaging story to follow along with. It’s just too bad 505 Games went with a “pay to enter” free-to-play formula. If any match-three puzzle / battle game is worth a simple one-time fee of five bucks or so, Gems of War is it.”
Watch the first 15 minutes of game play and review here:
Roll NEED. This game is certainly one you should try out!
About Gems of War
Welcome to Gems of Wars, the newest Puzzle-RPG hybrid from the creators of Puzzle Quest, the original Match 3 RPG!
- COLLECT and STRATEGIZE – Equip your hero with weapons and armor and lead a team of fantastical monsters into battle. Think strategically, upgrading your units and utilizing their unique abilities to defeat powerful bosses.
- TEAM UP – Join a guild, chat with friends, and work together to unlock powerful buffs.
- COMPETE – Participate in weekly events and PvP tournaments to win exclusive prizes.
- JOURNEY – Fight your way through a vast array of quests, each with a distinctive story and game-changing rewards.
- PLAY ANYWHERE – Link your account and play across devices and platforms.
THE FANS HAVE SPOKEN
- “This game is Awesome! Challenging and entertaining. Not just some gem or gummy game. Terrific find!”
- “I think this is the best “match 3” game out there. It’s got a ton of RPG elements to it that makes it very deep. It reminds me a lot of Hearthstone.”
- “Got to love a good mix of bejeweled and magic the gathering in an app. Love it!”
- “Basically this game takes my favorite elements of Ascension and Hearthstone and gives them a different, and I think improved, foundation.”
- “My wife teases me that Gems of War is Candy Crush for boys. It’s an intriguing combination of a gem game and a collectable card game. I like the campaign and the guild play.”
- “This is like the version of Puzzle Quest I never knew I wanted. Oodles of quests, challenges, guild activities, cool monsters, arena fights, ranked fights, and man I could just play that treasure mini game all day.”
Gems of War Media
Get the game [HERE]
- OS: XP SP2, Vista SP2, Windows 7 or higher
- Processor: 2.33 GHz or faster x86 CPU, or Intel Atom 1.6Hz or faster CPU
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Radeon X700 series or better, GeForce 6 series or better (Pixel Shader 2 support required)
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 700 MB available space
- Sound Card: Required