The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization – Book Review
The Art of SEO is a comprehensive overview of the search engine optimization field. The topic areas include content building, link building, site architecture and many of the technical areas such as redirects, duplicate content. This is a basic guide that covers many areas of SEO in great detail, so it is a handy reference to keep in your book shelf if you’re an experienced SEO practitioner. It’s also a great training resource. I’ve used selected parts of this guide to train new SEO technicians at my last ad agency, and also to share with people who want to become more familiar with SEO.
If you need to do the SEO for your own blog or small/medium size business, I’ll recommend this book as a comprehensive resource. To give some idea of the vast scope of the book, let’s list some of the topics covered:
- How search engines index your web site
- How people search and use search engines
- Optimizing for vertical search such as image or video search
- SEO tools
- Keyword campaigns and keyword research
- Web servers, domain and sub domain factors
- Site architecture
- On page optimization
- Tags and internal linking
- Optimizing URL structures
- Understanding search engine algorithms and how search engines handle user search intent
- Using search engine advanced operators as research tools
- Content strategy and optimization
- Search engine campaign strategy
- Link building techniques and strategy
- Code issues that hinder search engine indexing
- Web Analytics
- Site maps and XML site maps
Why would you pay a fortune for an SEO training course when most of the answers are gathered in one useful book?
If you must deal with SEO issues, buy this book form Amazon or Barnes and Noble for your Kindle, Nook or other e-reader tablet.