Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the many things we’ve been blessed with. Today’s turkey special includes our reasons to love Agile.
10 Reasons We’re Thankful for Agile This Thanksgiving:
- Customers come first – We love interacting in real-time with our Product Owners. They give us direction and meaning.
- Continuous improvement or kaizen – Agile is about always improving over time. It’s a lifestyle!
- Huge documentation is #fail – We want to work quicker and faster. Give us (developers) just enough to start kicking butt.
- Project course-correction is easy – We welcome changes and can make changes quickly and efficiently. Lessen your change management!
- Large projects are history – We can break projects into logical feature-rich chunks. Deliver early, deliver often. Keep it simple!
- Developers love quick wins – We can iteratively feel good about what we’re building. Every couple of weeks or so we produce valuable software.
- Agile isn’t prescriptive in methods – We can pick and choose different ways to apply Agile in our work environments. We love flexibility.
- Agile has created a community of believers and contributors – At a loss for a best way to implement a facet of Agile? Google it. Find Agile thought-leaders. There are plenty out there.
- Agile insists on good people who are motivated and flexible – Agile creates a need for best-of-breed-top-quality developers and workers. Design and build your company and teams around people who love challenges!
- Agile created the Agile News site: AgileScout.com – Yep. We’re benefactors of this awesome thing called Agile.
So, what are your top reasons to love Agile?
Let us know in the comments.
If you’re looking for some extra reading this Thanksgiving, you can always check out:
- A fun story about consultants
- Are Project Managers living a lie?
- The problem with kanban?
- Read from the top 200 Agile blogs out there!
- Why Agile isn’t a Methodology
- Standard Theme Review WordPress! (Our Sponsor)
You can always consider submitting an Agile Case Study.