Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on the many things we’ve been blessed with. Today’s turkey special includes our reasons to love Agile.
10 Reasons We’re Thankful for Agile This Thanksgiving:
- Customers come first – We love interacting in real-time with our Product Owners. They give us direction and meaning.
- Continuous improvement or kaizen – Agile is about always improving over time. It’s a lifestyle!
- Huge documentation is #fail – We want to work quicker and faster. Give us (developers) just enough to start kicking butt.
- Project course-correction is easy – We welcome changes and can make changes quickly and efficiently. Lessen your change management!
- Large projects are history – We can break projects into logical feature-rich chunks. Deliver early, deliver often. Keep it simple!
- Developers love quick wins – We can iteratively feel good about what we’re building. Every couple of weeks or so we produce valuable software.
- Agile isn’t prescriptive in methods – We can pick and choose different ways to apply Agile in our work environments. We love flexibility.
- Agile has created a community of believers and contributors – At a loss for a best way to implement a facet of Agile? Google it. Find Agile thought-leaders. There are plenty out there.
- Agile insists on good people who are motivated and flexible – Agile creates a need for best-of-breed-top-quality developers and workers. Design and build your company and teams around people who love challenges!
- Agile created the Agile News site: AgileScout.com – Yep. We’re benefactors of this awesome thing called Agile. 🙂
So, what are your top reasons to love Agile?
Let us know in the comments.
If you’re looking for some extra reading this Thanksgiving, you can always check out:
- A fun story about consultants
- Are Project Managers living a lie?
- The problem with kanban?
- Read from the top 200 Agile blogs out there!
- Why Agile isn’t a Methodology
- Standard Theme Review WordPress! (Our Sponsor)
You can always consider submitting an Agile Case Study.