Google’s Search Plus is an opportunity to increase the visibility of your blog in search results using some simple search methods. Google has been including Google Search Plus results in your search results since January 2012. This modifies Google’s search algorithm to gain a human review of the search results. You gain visibility if your blog content is commented, shared or liked in a social network like Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus.
Since their birth in the late 1990’s, search engines have lacked a quality signal to decide if search results are really useful content or just some clever sales page devised to lure you in through a search engine. Google Search Plus adds ranking of the search results from people you know and from people you don’t know, so the quality of search results for your search queries should improve.
So how can you use Google Plus and and other social platforms to increase your visibility in the Google search results?
How to Optimize Your Blog with Google Plus
Your approach to influencing Google Search Plus will require;
- Maintaining a Google Plus One page specifically linking to your blog or consulting web page content.
- Build up a community in your Google Plus Circles that includes people who post content that is relevant.
- You can affect the Google Search Plus results by placing your desired keywords into the Introduction, Employment, Education and Places lived section of your Google Plus profile. Placing topic keywords into your Google Plus profile helps Google search results, whether search users are logged in to Google or not logged in to Google. You’ll have to do the research to uncover the two or three keywords that accurately describe your specialty, in order to appear in the search results.
- Google Search Plus also includes data from other major social networks. Distributing your content on other social networks will enhance your Google Search Results presence.
- Google Search Plus returns search results based on your circles and activity on Google Plus. It’s important to expand the number of people in your circles. You should also use Plus+s, comments and shares with people in your circles.
- Google Search Plus favors content that is easily shared across social networks. Having the Google +1 button visible on your content is crucial to Search Plus optimization. You’ll also want to place social share buttons for other social platforms like Facebook, Twitter or bookmarking sites like Reddit.