Dear Agile Certification Pilot Candidates:
Excitement around the PMI Agile Certification continues to grow. The response to PMI’s announcement about the launch of the certification resulted in positive market reaction as well as a large number of interested applicants—including you. In fact, we have heard from over 5,000 interested individuals who want to know more about the Agile Certification pilot and how they can participate.
Now that you have access to the Examination Content Outline and list of key reference texts, don’t delay in preparing for the PMI Agile certification. As you know, you will be able to submit an application for the pilot starting in late May 2011. And, testing will begin in September 2011.
To stay up-to-date on the PMI Agile Certification, please go to PMI.org/Agile. If you have questions that cannot be answered by the information on PMI.org/Agile, please contact PMI Customer Care at email@example.com.
PMI Agile Certification Project Team
Some of the books they recommend to study up and a non-”.ashx” version of the document for all those struggling with conversion/pdf issues.
The following is a list of publications that candidates may find helpful when preparing for the Agile examination. Training providers may also find these references helpful in the preparation of educational courses. After carefully reviewing the examination blueprint and identifying learning needs, candidates and training providers may wish to identify additional resources and study opportunities, as necessary. Please note that this list may be updated from time to time to maintain currency.
- Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great - Esther Derby, Diana Larsen, Ken Schwaber ISBN #0977616649A
- Agile Software Development: The Cooperative Game – 2nd Edition – Alistair Cockburn ISBN #0321482751
- The Software Project Manager’s Bridge to Agility – Michele Sliger, Stacia Broderick ISBN #0321502752
- Coaching Agile Teams – Lyssa Adkins ISBN #0321637704
- Agile Project Management: Creating Innovative Products – 2nd Edition – Jim Highsmith ISBN #0321658396
- Agile Estimating and Planning – Mike Cohn ISBN #0131479415
- The Art of Agile Development – James Shore ISBN #0596527675
- User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development – Mike Cohn ISBN #0321205685
- Agile Project Management with Scrum – Ken Schwaber ISBN #073561993X
- Lean-Agile Software Development: Achieving Enterprise Agility – Alan Shalloway, Guy Beaver, James R. Trott ISBN #032153289