[Graphic made with Omnigraffle for Mac, which is 10x better than Visio on the PC]
Typically we find that when changes need to be made in any process, the process owner must approve a change before it is made. Then we find that the process owner has to approve the change before it is implemented. This generally takes a long period of time… or rather, much longer than is necessary.
The usual flow is:
- Someone recognizes the need for change (change agent) and requests to make the change to the process owner
- The process owner gives approval
- The change agent makes the change.
- The change agent preps the final change for approval
- The process owner gives final approval for the change implementation
- The change agent implements the change with other people