When we stopped doing customer development, we stopped learning. @LeanCircle
To some, I’m a Suit. The only Development I ever did included using Lotus 1-2-3′s macro language to build applications and a business. I know only a few things about building successful applications for customers; how – I totally get customer development.
These things are clear to me:
- You don’t build stuff (applications, databases, software, apps, websites) for yourself. You build these things for your customer.
- Get out of the building. It’s the only way to make sure you aren’t just hearing yourself/ talking to yourself.
- Few technologies fail because they’re not good stuff. Instead, they fail because they don’t solve customers’ problems.
- You are not your customer, so you don’t know what their problems are.
- Get out of the building. It’s the only way to make sure you aren’t building cool stuff that only you can love.