[This is part of 2011 Monthly Book Giveaways with AgileScout!]
This month’s giveaway is The Social Media Marketing Book. This book has helped AgileScout become one of the #1 resources for Agile Software Development News!
David J. Perdue’s review on it from Amazon.com:
In the increasingly complex world of social media, how do you begin to successfully engage in social media marketing for your business? Dan Zarrella has responded to that question with “The Social Media Marketing Book.” It’s a quick read. But the small book is packed with useful information for those itching to jump into the social media marketing fray.
The book’s organization is quite user-friendly and begins with a brief introduction to social media. The bulk of the book then focuses on presenting a concise history, definition, and description of the various types of social media: blogging, Twitter/microblogging, social networking, media sharing, social news and bookmarking, ratings and reviews, forums, and virtual worlds. I found each section both helpful and interesting, especially appreciating the author’s conciseness.
Overall, I found Zarrella’s guide a helpful resource on understanding and applying social media for business. Note that the book is an introductory guide, so don’t expect to find profound social media strategies if you’re already an experienced social media marketer. Nevertheless, I appreciated the nuggets of wisdom throughout this survey of social media marketing.
How to Enter:
- Comment on this post
- Tweet this post
Simple. Jump on it! Contest entry closes (for this month) on Oct 31, 11:59PM.
Boom goes the dynamite.
See Our Past Giveaways:
- [Book Giveaway] – Executives Guide to Information Technology
- [Book Giveaway] – AgileScout and Open Source Awards – 3 Book Giveaways!
- [Book Giveaway] – Execution – The Discipline of Getting Things Done
- [Book Giveaway] – Making Ideas Happen
- [Book Giveaway] – Scrum Pocket Guide – A Quick Start Guide to Agile Software Development
- [Giftcard] – $100 BestBuy Giftcard
- [Book Giveaway] – Fatal Illusions
- [Swag] – Cool Agile Mug
- [iPad] – First Ever iPad Giveaway!
- [Swag] – 1 Terabyte Western Digital Hard Drive