This fun video has been around for a bit, but it’s worth a re-view.
- The company is IDEO, a company dedicated to innovation.
- They are a small group dedicated to solving a problem.
- They use big visible wall boards and centered discussion around them.
- The group supports each other. There is no top-down management.
- The group does research with real users, real clients.
- There is a demonstration of product prototypes, quickly.
- Mantra for innovation – One conversation at a time, stay focused, encourage wild ideas, defer judgement, build on ideas of others.
- Teamwork is the recipe for innovation.
“Enlightened trial and error succeeds over lone genius.”
“Fail often in order to succeed sooner.”
I especially like Peter’s mustache.