- Like Stack.Overflow? How about FAQ.Overflow?
- Got accepted to pilot the PMI-ACP Agile Certification? Pay up!
- Agile Is… [Video]
- Make work a game with gameification!
- Interviewing for a ScrumMaster position? Get the Scrum Master interview questions!
- Agile and CRM – Does it work?
- Enable your Product Owners – Coronate them. Make it official.
- Net-Map Technique and Agile – Guest post by Paul Boos.
- 10 Key Characteristics of a Great Product Owner – Webinar
- The Uber ScrumMaster – The role. The certification. The win.
- Netflix corporate culture is Agile – Find out how by reading the deck!
- Delta and Northwest Airlines have merged. See their Sprint Wallboard.
- Canada does Agile certification too. Didn’t you know?
- Stop having Scrum meetings? – Read about why or why not it may be a good thing. What’s this about “value?”
- Personal iPad Agile tool – Yep. It’s a sure thing.
- Selling Agile to companies… it’s getting gangster: The Agile Cartels.
Derek Huether (2)
- RallyON 2011 – My experiences. Pure awesomeness!
- Agile Software Development – Like Ford Motor Company
- Agile Software Development – Like Toyota
- PMI Agile Certification Book – Yep. Launching soon!
- First Ever PMI Certification Course for Agile – It’s on like donkey kong… in India…
Top Weekly Commenters!
- Rick Hill (2)
- B. Clay Shannon (1)
- Chp (1)
- David Bland (1)
- Derek Huether (1)
- Jordan (1)
- Ken Clyne (1)
- Micaël (1)
- Mike Cottmeyer (1)
- Rajesh Raheja (1)
- [Free Webinar] – Peter Saddington hosts a free webinar on Product Ownership
- Japan earthquake affecting the kanban system? Does it apply to Agile software development?
- [Guest Post] – 10 Tips for Adopting Agile in the Enterprise
- The Best Agile Job Description
- Agile Jobs Online!
- Sazneo – Tool review for collaboration
- Slayer Slasher band loves some Scrum
- Agile or Scrum? – Which one do we do? Or… do we just start doing something?
- When an Agile program fails, how do we respond?
- Keep Agile software development moving forward!
- Eat your daily amount of good Agile Soup – Tool Review!
- Not Scrum certified? Don’t ever be a CSM.
- Check out the latest flame wars on our “Denounce your CSM” thread.
Shout outs to our top commenters this week!
- Jordan Bortz
- Tobias Mayer
- Scott Ambler
- Derek Huether
- Dagfinn Parnas
- Dave Nicolette
- Yves Hanoulle
- Mark Levison
- Manoj Vadakkan
- Create clean code and better test driven development. Grab your cheat sheets!
- Be Agile with Tomatoes, the Pomodoro! [Guest Post by @paul_boos]
- Fail fast with the Agile Chicken Gun
- PMI launches the Agile Certification Outline
- Paradoxes in Program Management [Guest Post by @johnreigartWP]
- Are you an Agile Guru? – What does it meaaaaaannnnn?
- Real Scrum Teams drink TIGER BLOOD
- Seth Godin on leadership – Very much Agile!
- Lazy Developers hate Scrum – Hey, it’s not just developers. Other business people ruin Scrum too!
- IdeaPaint for wallboards all up in your house!
- Agile Coach Camp 2011
- CageApp for Designers to share their work easily!
- ScrumMaster’s retrospective – Yes? No?
- The “Boss” button
- Listen to the @TalkingWork Podcast with Peter Saddington
- If Samuel L. Jackson did Agile or programming he’d be called “Scrumuel” L. Jackson
- Best free Open Source Agile tool
- Crafting the perfect Agile workshop
- Free project management tool
- Kanban elevator pitch – Help craft a simple kanban pitch
- 3 Scrum Types – Your flavor of Scrum?
- DoD loves open source – True or not?
- 10 Scrum Backlog Tips – Get focused!
- Agile open office – The best way to work, guaranteed
- Daily Scrum Meetings – Worthwhile?
- Agile Modeling and UML – If you’re doing Agile well… you probably do this anyway!
- Agile Survey – Waterfall wins!
- Agile User Stories and Estimation – Presentation
- Invoicing Tool – Free, fast and great. Simple for freelancers!
- Gantt charts made pretty with Tom’s Planner
- Programmer Resumes – How HR and Programmers view resumes differently
- ScrumMaster job description – Looking to be a ScrumMaster? This is what you need to be.
- Agile Lifestyle – Agile can work for anything, even weddings [Video]
- Agile fixed scope projects – It can work!
- User Story Personas – Be specific about your users when you write user stories (More on this from a User story presentation)
- Iteration is dead – Take a look and see what people are saying about the iteration. Is it dead? Are there better ways to do development sans an iteration?
- Hippies love Agile – Yep. Get them outta your cornfield.
- True Extreme Programming – A fun video
- [Presentation] – Writing Better User Stories
- Agile Software Development – Does it create secure software?
- Want to be an Agile Tester? – Learn to code.
- [Agile Horoscope 2/2] – PMI and Agile
- [Agile Horoscope 1/2] – All the good reasons to go Agile
- Does Agile have a dirty little secret? – Agile, certification, and it’s image.
- [Fun] – Obama does not like Facebook
- LIVE with Brian Bozzuto – Agile Games Conference 2011
- Kanban for Kids and Education
- Action Method for iPad – Agile Tool
- PMI Agile Certification – It’s coming. Be prepared!
- Geckoboard – Create your own dashboard for managing your life
- AgileBlend.com – Vote for the best Agile and Project Management links!
- Name that SDLC! – Guest post by David J. Bland
- Mathematical equation for good Agile Teams – My guest post!
- Collabpress – WordPress tool review for project management integration into your blog
- Pecha-Kucha Presentation– A way for your team to grow and self-educate!
- Agile Cloud Computing – Did you know your kid knows more about cloud computing than you do?
- Paul Klipp from Kanbanery and Selling Agile – Our LIVE session! Some fantastic pointers are made by Paul Klipp. Well worth the watch!
- Scrum Pocket Guide Winners! – If you’re a winner, let us know!
- Failing in Agile – Why it’s ok, as long as you’re continually learning. It’s not failing with Agile…
- Fellowship of the Scrum – Complete with the PSPO from Scrum.org
- Startup Riot 2011 – Full presenter list
- Top 5 Entrepreneurs I would interview – Plus one dead one 🙂
- 5 must have characteristics of a startup person
- The Nokia Test and Scrum – Has Nokia failed the Nokia test?
- Linkedin is for lamers – Period.
- Jim Benson and Personal Kanban book on Agile Scout LIVE
- Free Kanban / Scrum user story card – Download it!
- Use music to call your team to the daily standup? – Ludacris #ftw
- Agile Scout sponsors the 10 Years of Agile at Snowbird!
- Agile team development – Continue to build your team right!
- Top 10 essentials to building something awesome
- Agile user stories and estimating spikes
- AgileURLs.com is launched. Get your blog on the #1 Agile Blogroll aggregator!
- Agile is about focus – Focus your team and yourself on what is most valuable
- Agile in your second life – A game for the ages.
- Agile Scout LIVE with Brandon Montgomery from TeamDynamixHE
- Physical wall boards are still the best thing for tracking work
- Who does Agile better? Apple / Microsoft / Google? You decide.
- Is Scrum Dying?
- LIVE with Peter Saddington – Just him. But he does talk about the Scrum Pocket Guide!
- [Tool Review] – Scrumy – The lightest and free tool out there. No much more.
- Ron Jeffries tells us about 3 reasons to not have technical stories. Don’t know who he is? You should be ashamed.
- Summer of fun Agile video – Terrible for a reason?
Want a chance to win a free copy of the Scrum Pocket Guide? Hit up this link!
Posts this week:
- Scrum Pocket Guide – Giveaway! Comment on the post for your chance to win a free copy!
- [Want an extra way to win? Drop on over to www.thecriticalpath.info for another chance to win!]
- 2010 State of Agile contributors – A full PDF of the 2010 State of Agile on AgileScout.com
- Waste time as a developer? Find out how to NOT let those time bandits get you.
- Confradar – Get the latest news on where cool conferences are happening!
- Denounce your CSM – Check out the latest comments on this hot topic!
- Project Managers are killing the profession – A quick reminder of how we can strive to not kill our work.
- Why Agile Sucks – Yep. You know it.
- [Sunday Fun] – Justin Bieber and Agile
Metrics this week:
Blog posts this week:
- LIVE interview with Derek Huether
- Is “Agile” a misused word? – Agile practitioners need to continue to write about the basics and foundations of Agile.
- Learn more about Agile this year – There are plenty of methods under the Agile umbrella. Check out some different methods than just Scrum. Try DSDM?
- Pivotal Tracker changes it’s free model to paid – Get the review of Pivotal Tracker here.
- Is it time to re-look at the Agile manifesto? Take a look at “MoreAgile Manifesto.” Or you can take a look at Agile Manifesto 2.0.
- Agile Scout LIVE Intro video – A video of the making of the video!
- Agile Scrum at Facebook – See how the pro’s do it.
- Agile and Test-Driven Development – An entry with many links to best practices in TDD. Check it out!
- [Sunday Fun] – Agile Scout the gamer
Metrics this week:
This week has been a good one. We launched Agile Scout LIVE and held our very first LIVE interview. A total of 19 people showed up for the webcast simultaneously. That isn’t that bad considering we just launched and dropped a Twitter and RSS note just hours before the actual event.
The first live interview went very well, aside from a couple of A/V issues in the beginning. No worries!
Our survey that we put out on when the best time to have LIVE interviews tells us that many people would like to see it Saturday. Interesting. Very interesting.
Make sure you take the survey here. We’ll want to be pretty consistant with our LIVE sessions, so even though there is no ‘best’ time, we’ll have to pick something.
In other news: This week in traffic we found that somebody out there has been searching for “Agile methodology hater” and came to our site 10 times.
Interesting huh? Sounds like a blog post to us!
You may have noticed that we’re not pushing out as much content as we usually have. Last year, we pushed out about 3.5 articles a day. So far these past couple weeks it’s been about 1.5 articles a day. So what’s up with that?
Well, even though there is a lot of Agile news out there that we’d like to cover, we’re still trying to also manage the building of our own stuff to improve Agile Scout news site.
And, it’s paying off. Big time. Coding done, database work done, UI/UX work done, integrations done, and much more. We’re finally ready to release something (that we think) is not only awesome, but will provide a ton to the Agile community.
Get ready for Monday. Stay tuned. Seriously. You won’t want to miss it.
Blog posts this week:
- DSDM – Dynamic Systems Development Method – This is an Agile framework that definitely needs to be looked into. It has some great things for teams!
- Good Scrum is like the World of Warcraft – Strap on your ScrumMaster Helm of Ruin and equip your Staff of Short Sprints and destroy the code.
- The Sprint – Poster Edition – Derek Huether has put together a fantastic poster of The Sprint part of Agile. More editions to come soon!
- [Tool Review] – Gravity Dev – Awesome lightweight tool. Check it out.
- 3 Ways to Ensure Scrum Success – Read this. We totally agree with the 3 points made here. To succeed with Scrum, you gotta have these.
- Agile and Capacity Issues – People aren’t resources to measure. Learn how to handle your team’s capacity and ability to do work.
- Agile Guide – Implementing Scrum – This article gives some very solid pragmatic ways to jump-start your Scrum at the team level.
It’s now 2011. Welcome to another fantastic year. ‘Nuff said.
Blog posts this week:
[Tool Review] – Wridea – A tool to help you manage your thoughts!
Sustaining Agility – 3 Points to remember to keep progress moving forward.
TOP COMMENTED POSTS OF 2010 – Check out the most popular posts of 2010.
[Tool Review] – Prfessor – Create your own university!
[Agile Guide] – Story Mapping for Scrum
Scrum Teams and a ScrumMaster – If you’re a ScrumMaster, go beyond the call of duty.
Wirify – UX/UI tool – Turn your website into a wireframe.
[Agile Guide] – Agile Retrospectives – Rotate the roles in your retrospective.
Metrics for the week:
- Think “LIVE”
- Think “Continuing Education”
- Think “Maps”
Yep. All these are brewing. Stewing. Boiling. Here’s to a great 2011!!!
Top Commented Posts of 2010
- Top Agile and Scrum Tools – Which One Is Best? – 47 comments
- Agile is NOT a Methodology – 42 comments
- The State of Agile- Tobias Mayer – 23 comments
- Tool Review – Agile Bench – Easy Agile Project Management – 18 comments
- Top Agile Tools – Best Kanban Tools – 16 comments
- Agile Manifesto 2.0 – Updates to Come? – 15 comments
- Agile Products For Sale – What’s Worth Buying? – 13 comments
- The End of Scrum and Scrum Teams? – 13 comments
- New Startup? New Tool? New Book? – We Can Help – 12 comments
- Agile Scout *BETA Release and First Ever PRIZE and GIVEAWAY! – 12 comments
- Unlocking the Full Potential of Agile with Deployment Automation – 12 comments
- A ScrumMaster Does NOT Equal a Project Manager – 11 comments
- Scrum Alliance vs Tobias Mayer – 9 comments
- The State of Agile – Derek Huether – 9 comments
- The Agile Brand – What is Being Marketed? – 9 comments
- [Tool Review] – Pivotal Tracker – Build Better Software, Faster – 9 comments
- Scrum and Design – Where does Design Fit? – 8 comments
- World Congress & WCBA Conference – Agile Scout Will Be There! – 8 comments
- Tool Review – Standard Theme – The Best WordPress Theme Out There – 7 comments
- Agile and The Iron Triangle – Don’t Forget Quality – 7 comments
This week has been a slower week than usual. Lots of wrapping up to do for the year and taking a week off next week (not from blogging).
The mini Christmas tree is set, a couple of stockings are ready to go, and all the holiday cards have been sent out to friends, relatives, and those that really deserve coal… JK.
We came upon a couple of technical issues this week, mainly: www.embedit.in has been a complete #fail. While we could host documents on our own servers quite fine, we do like the GUI and the presentation layer that these 3rd party apps avail their users. We recently migrated all our stuff over to www.scribd.com and have been happy thus far. We’ll see how it continues to roll in the months to come.
Have a Merry Christmas everyone!
Blog posts this week:
[Tool Review] – Binfire – Task Management – We took a look at this tool. Not too shabby.
Agile is Relationship Management – Don’t sever that relationship with your client. Communicate.
[Tool Review] – Pivotal Tracker – Awesome tool. Even added bonus documents with this review. Get your Tracker on.
Kanban and Santa – A Christmas story.
[Agile Guide] – Writing good user stories – 3 great resources for writing better user stories. Read up.
Kaizen on for your life – Continually improve your live.
This week has been a fun one. From talking about Kanban for new Agile teams (n00bs) to learning that we can be a certified Scrum Trainer by signing up on craigslist, this week has been one of learning new stuff!
We wrote our two most boring posts ever, on Agile and the government as well as hanging out with William Shatner and the legal environment utilizing Agile.
With a wintery-wonderland happening in Atlanta, this past week has been a good one to hunker down and really focus on pushing out some great content. We’re looking forward to what the next year will bring!
Blog posts this week:
A Failed Agile Program – Lessons learned from a real life example of how one organization transitioned from Agile… and then back again.
5th Annual State of Agile Survey – From Version One. Make sure to check out the latest stats thanks to Version One.
Kanban is for n00bs – Check out the reasons why Kanban is good for beginning Agile teams or teams that are looking to do some Agile work.
This week hasn’t been too crazy, like the previous weeks. We’ve kept things in line, continuing to push valuable content daily.
A couple of things to remember:
Aldon Agile Manager Tool has been released this month. It’s free and it’s awesome. Make sure to drop by our premier review of it!
These past couple of weeks have been a doozy. We’ve been churning out content like a well oiled machine. Lots to do, even more to read. I was sitting in my favorite work chair this past week (Starbucks) and wondering to myself how much content I read on a weekly basis. In order to cover as much Agile news as we can, we have to read a ton. Thank goodness for google reader. That baby lights up with 100’s of great articles every week (Just in the Agile space!). Follow technology? Ha. Talk about 1000’s per week.
If you love weekend reading. Well you’ve found a place for it. Below is a list of posts for the week. Get your full.
If you’ve made it this far in the Week in Review then good for you. Because we have a contest starting Monday 12/6/10. Get signed up early by subscribing to our newsletter here: http://eepurl.com/bf0E1 because that’s the only way you can win. You’ll want to enter this one, we’re giving away 3 pieces of swag!
So, what else is new?
A co-worker and friend of mine always asks me this question. Well, we can give you a hint. We’re rolling out something big within the next month or so. Hoping for January release. It’s going to be huge. We’re really excited. So far our 1-month Agile release schedule is working out great. Push the product, make the release. Iterate and iterate some more later.
Blog posts this week:
Growth has been steady and sure. Our traffic is only increasing and our ‘reach’ is growing tremendously. We are very happy about this.
We’re currently setting up more conferences that we may be the live-blogger for. Always excited about these!
Metrics for the week:
This past week has been crazy-busy. The Agile Scout’s were on the scene with the ProjectWorld & World Congress of Business Analysts down in Orlando, FL.
Find a full list of all talks Agile Scout covered:
Check the link above for a full-weekend worth of reading. Make sure you check out some of the very cool interviews we did with some of the outstanding speakers.