[We review Agile tools, have you seen our Agile tools list?]
Surveys are fun, but you have to look at them with a keen eye. Sometimes the results skew towards certain biases. This exact thing happened when the Ainstainer group put together a poll for the best tool to manage distributed Agile teams.
Some definition to begin:
- A Remote Team is a team of software developers that are located in an other city/region/country
- A Distributed Team (as defined by Ainstainer) is a team with members that are located in different places
- The main difference between these two teams is that distributed team is multidirectional (at least 2 or more locations), while the members of a remote team are usually placed in one office with the Product Owner in another area (country).
As for the Poll Questions:
- What is the best Agile Tool for managing distributed teams?
- What is your experience in using the chosen Agile Tool?
- What country do you represent?
We love Canada. They have a bunch of pride. Out of 68 respondents from 17 different countries, 58% were from Canada… and guess what tool they said was the best? A Canadian Agile tool: Urban Turtle. Go figure, right?
Find the poll results [here].
Agree with these results?
What are your favorite tools for managing distributed teams?
Let us know in the comments.