Want to help out the Agile community? Have something you want to share to a broader audience? You’ve reached the right place.
[If you are looking to advertise with us, go here]
What An Agile Scout Looks Like:
We look for the following things in contributions and guest posts:
- Expertise – It really helps to know the software development space. Know your subject, be a current practitioner, and be a community leader.
- Writing for the Web – Know your audience. We’re professionals and we desire well-written and well-thought out pieces of text art. Know how to utilize WordPress and it’s various functions.
- Practicality – Write for usefulness. Give product reviews, book reviews, opinions on popular topics, or news that would help a broad audience. If it’s too niche we may not consider it.
- Application – Give your readers the opportunity to apply what you’ve just told them. We’re not Arm Chair Agilists or Theorists. Show us why we need to apply what you have to say.
- Strong Words – Got an opinion? Want the interwebs and netizens to react to your words? Show us why your voice matters.
Before You Email, Be Prepared:
- Your article must be polished. We’re talking quality over quantity.
- Your article must be 500 - 750 words in length or a reasonable amount to cover your subject completely.
- Your article must include at least one (1) image properly cited (if applicable).
- Your article may not include any affiliate marketing links or obvious self-promotional content.
- Your article you provide to us must be 100% complete with images and citations on all copy, and media (if necessary).
- Your article must be yours. We don’t rip other people off. Be original.
- Your article may be edited to fit the tone and culture of our site (It’ll still be you, but we need to ensure continuity).
- Your article will be licensed solely to Agile Scout as the exclusive publisher of your article online. You may provide excerpts of your article on your own blog, however the full article in its entirety should not appear anywhere else.
- Your article may be published offline – e.g. contribute it to an offline magazine or book.
- The Agile Scout Executive Editors call the shots: They have the final call on your publication’s readiness and quality.
Still Here? Drop Us An Email or Fill Out the Submission Form Below:
- Start of by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea for a post and a general outline of the topic.
- One of our editors will follow up with you and begin a conversation.
- If you are chosen to be a contributor then we’ll grant you access to build out your post and submit it for review.
- We’ll review your post and queue it up according to our Editorial Calendar!
We thank you ahead of time for being a part of the ever-growing Agile community.
- The Agile Scouts -