Who is The Agile Scout?
My name is Peter Saddington and I absolutely love my job as an Organizational Scientist and Certified Scrum Trainer. I started out as a developer back in 1997 when lean-thinking XP was growing and picked up on Agile shortly after.
Fun Facts About Me:
- Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) – Find CSM/CSPO courses held by me near your location [here]
- New book: Agile Pocket Guide (Wiley, 2012)
- Won Best Session at Product Camp 2011 on Scaling Product Ownership! #cool
- One of the most followed Agile Trainer and Scrum Development Coach on Twitter in the world. #win!
- A social entrepreneur and I help leanstartups grow.
- A serial entrepreneur currently invested in several startups and building one of my own.
- I love to code in my free time and do two developer faux pas: code in live production and forget code integrity checks. #fail
- I have a M.A. Counseling, M.A. Education, MDiv in Religion – I speak on the Human Side of Software Development a lot.
See an example of my work with a client below:
The book I published here:
Agile software development has been around for a while and has proven to be a valuable practice providing organizations with savings when it comes to time, money, and resources.
But the tools, methods, and people who know how to execute well in Agile aren’t cheap; in fact, you are already intimately aware with the costs.
Isn’t it time that everyone benefitted from the time-tested Agile methodologies without the cost of training and expensive “experts?”
Let’s even the playing field, shall we? Let’s democratize the information, tools, and resources. Let’s pool our collective brain-power, and share the historical wealth that exists so abundantly. Let’s break down the walls and make everyone an “expert.” Let’s become agents of change.
We exist to democratize agile.
Will you join us?
An Agile Scout is:
On my honor, I will do my best
To do my duty, to Inspect and Adapt and Obey the Agile Scout Law;
To help my client, my business, and my community at all times;
To keep myself learning, growing, and responding to change with excellence.
Read more in-depth about these characteristics here.
REVIEWS AND EDITORIALS
- We review Agile tools. Is yours on our list?
- We review Kanban tools. Is yours on our list?
- We review Scrum tools. Is yours on our list?
- We review Project Management tools. Is yours on our list?
- We review Agile books. Have we reviewed yours?
- We cover Agile conferences. Will we be at yours?
Subscribe to us. Stay in touch here.
Write for us. Be a contributor.
Advertise with us. Be a sponsor.
Our Disclosure Policy.